Education: Degree in Computer Science or related preferred, but not essential.
Professional attributes: 2 years minimum commercial experience in web development using PHP and MySQL. Strong communication and logical, problem solving skills; efficient and time conscious; organised and methodical in approach to development. Work effectively within a small team to ensure consistency, efficiency, professionalism and effective communication. Coordinate timelines and work flow with Project Manager and Senior Developer, Be flexible, open-minded, whilst showing capacity to estimate and meet deadlines. Commercial awareness of Web 2.0 technologies and ‘Software as a Service’ approaches to your developer role
- Apply working knowledge of building and administering MySQL databases, secure PHP programming and the development and maintenance of web applications using OOP/MVC methodologies.
- Apply working knowledge of supporting technologies e.g. version control (Subversion) and Integrated Development Environments would be beneficial as would some knowledge of e-Commerce, re-engineering and maintenance.
- You will be responsible for specifying, designing, building, testing and deploying applications within both the web front-end and CMS backend processes.
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress CMS: ability or willingness to develop plug-ins, write scripts and workaround functions
- Strong knowledge of scripting in AJAX, JQUERY & XML integration of these technologies in a PHP/ MySQL environment for feeds and dynamic displayed content on websites.
- Apply initiative in proposing and developing solutions, with minimal briefs and documents or on verbally presented development tasks
- Take on front-end web development workload (XHTML, CSS) when required from web designer
- Support, update, maintain, troubleshoot day to day and project needs when develop existing websites on PHP/ MySQL, framework.
- Support, update, maintain, troubleshoot day to day needs on a LAMP server environment
- You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and be able to write technical reports, in emails and in meetings with the team and/ or non-technical clients
Salary: Negotiable based upon past experience and demonstrable portfolio
Please apply by emailing your CV and/or a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org