Junior Android App Developer
As a Junior Android developer, you will be participating in driving our already successful business to new heights. Possessing a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits you will be a member of a seasoned, cross-functional team of developers and designers that will partner with you in crafting the next-generation of mobile apps on Android serving International businesses from our UK head office.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 1+ years of experience in Android app development, including Android SDK and Android Studio.
- Experience in Java, with strong programming skills.
- Good understanding of Android-related programming patterns and OS facilities.
- Real-life experience with mainstream mobile apps used by a broad user base (please provide links to app listings)
- Experience in the Agile/Scrum development process.
- Good understanding of OOPS concepts, design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Readiness to work in a global team with contributors from different backgrounds, skills, and locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or comparable relevant experience.
- Experience with integrating mobile application software with embedded device software on connected hardware modules (optional).
- Good understanding of Google’s Material Design Language and human interface guidelines (optional).
- Strong programming skills in C++ or another object-oriented programming language (optional).
- Experience with integrating mobile applications with cloud services (optional).
- Understand and have demonstrated best practices in front-end UI implementation (optional).
- Understanding of app optimization including performance optimization (optional).
- Comfortable with Windows or Mac-based development environments and tools (optional).
- Hands-on experience with test-driven development and continuous integration (optional).
- Experience with test automation, RESTful web services and parsing JSON/XML, Bluetooth LE, Firebase and Google Cloud (optional).
DUTIES & RESONSIBILITIES
- Design and development of beautiful, usable and functionally rich Android apps.
- Take on key areas of responsibility in a development team delivering advanced apps on iOS and Android, with integration to IoT devices and the cloud.
- Create technical designs for your features and participate in design efforts together with other feature owners and architects.
- Analyze new requirements, investigate the feasibility, suggest implementation options and estimate efforts timeline, dependencies and risks.
- Collaborate closely with other development team members, including some being located in other parts of the world.
- Hands-on Android app development, including feature development, troubleshooting, debugging, problem-solving and bug fixing.
- Design and run your own unit test cases.
- Integrate and deploy your code as part of a Continuous Integration process.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Perform development testing for your modules.
WHAT WE GIVE IN RETURN
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Websquare provides a platform for you to grow as a developer. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced app development team. Flexible working schedule and the possibility to work remotely. Highly competitive salary.